Monday 8 November 2010

School Magazine












I decided to make my school magazine orientated towards sports because I have an interest in sport as i regularly participate. This also gives a wide range of ideas as there are many sporting magazines and many sports to choose from and include.






Cover






On the magazine I have a brick wall background that I have adapted by using the curves feature on adobe Photoshop. On top of this background I have place four picture of chew valley school students enjoying PE lessons.






· Picture one is a student in blue house colours running towards the camera. I have cropped this picture and placed it in the bottom left corner of the page. Over the top of this picture is some limited information of what is inside the magazine to give people looking at the cover some idea of what is inside.






· Picture 2 is a student in a green school rugby shirt as he is about to throw a shot put. I placed this picture as if it’s coming from the bottom of the page and I have made the shot put itself brighter as it was difficult to see because it was dark. I then used an artistic effect on the picture to make it stand.






· Picture 3 shows a student in red house PE kit watching his peers participating and enjoying the lesson. This gives the impression that sports in chew valley are enjoyable, fun and form of escapism from normal classroom lessons.






· Picture 4 shows a student kicking a football. I have changed the colour of the students football boots by using the curves feature and I then blended the picture into the background its prevents the picture from taking over the magazine however the football that the student is kicking has not been faded just made brighter to allow it to stand out as it is a sports magazine






Text






· The text used for the title “SportS StudenT” is in green the schools colours and is made transparent then blended into the background although it is in front of the pictures of the students you can see the outline of the bricks and the students behind it. I have mad the first and last letter of both of the words capital to make it different and it also stands out more.






· Above the title I have the letters CVS the initials of Chew Valley School to show that it is about sports in chew valley this has no colour it is brought forward from the background.






· The main advertising about the information inside is along the bottom. It poses a question regarding year 11 sport so in order to find a conclusion the reader must turn to pages 7 and 8. The reason I chose this is because all the pictures on the front are of year 11 students participating.






· Along the bottom right hand side shows the issue number witch is term 1. I chose this because it is more associated with school. It also has the price witch is £1.50 a fairly low price as there is no advertisements in the magazine and the people buying the magazine are likely to have little money as they are in school still.






To make it more professional I made the shot put image more central and large as most magazine cover usually have a central image, I have chosen to leave the other images in the background but I have moved them around slightly and removed the football.



I also changed the colour of the background so that it is not as “acidy” and is more of a blend of orange and red but in the brickwork still has occasional elements of green, the same colour used in the title.














Contents Page











The contents page shows what’s inside the magazine I have made it fairly simple and have cropped a picture of a bunch of students playing football. This is effective as it is a sports magazine and it has the goal posts and net to show that they are on a football pitch. I have edited the picture by making it appear to be a gray and white sketch. I think this is effective as it dose not allow the image to over power the text but it can still be seen and it is sport related so it goes well with the magazine.






Over the top of the picture is the title that comes out of the picture in the school colours and the text for the contents also is brought forward but has red around the edge of the text to prevent it from being difficult to see.





No comments:

Post a Comment